High Court rules to cancel primary teacher recruitment examination !
The court issued a ruling on the cancellation of the examination of 18 districts for the post of assistant teacher in government primary schools Which was held on December 8, 2023. At the same time, the court ordered the disposal of the petition made to the Director General (DG) of the Department of Primary Education to suspend all the activities of the question leak, question fraud and examination within 60 days.
Wednesday (January 3) Justice Mustafa Zaman Islam and Justice Md. Atabullah High Court bench comprising passed the order.
MA Latif Pradhan and Delwar Hossain heard on behalf of the petitioners in the court. Deputy Attorney General Tushar Kanti Roy appeared for the state.
Deputy Attorney General Tushar Kanti Roy said that the court has ordered the disposal of the petition filed by the examinees to the DG of the Directorate of Primary Education regarding the allegations of question leakage and fraud in the primary recruitment examination within 60 days. At the same time, rules have been issued regarding this examination.
Primary and Mass Education Secretary, Public Administration Secretary, Director General (DG) of the Department of Primary Education have been asked to respond to the rule.
Earlier, on December 12, a candidate named Fatema Akhter filed a writ in the relevant branch of the High Court seeking cancellation of the first phase of recruitment examination for the post of assistant teacher of a government primary school. The writ sought suspension of all recruitment examination proceedings.
In the writ, 13 people including the Secretary of Primary and Public Education, Secretary of Public Administration, Director General (DG) of the Department of Primary Education, Commissioner of Rangpur, Barisal and Sylhet Divisions have been made defendants.
However, the result of the written examination held on December 8 has already been published. The Directorate of Primary Education announced the result on December 20, 2023. 9 thousand 337 people have passed it.
Earlier on December 11, 2023 hundreds of examinees formed a human chain in front of the National Press Club to demand the cancellation of the recruitment exam for the post of assistant teachers and re-examination.
They demanded the cancellation of the recruitment test for the post of assistant teacher in the government primary school held on December 8 in a human chain. Apart from this, they also said that more than one and a half lakh candidates could not participate in the first phase of this recruitment.
They said that more than 158,000 candidates could not participate in the examination due to the strike-blockade and adverse weather conditions. Apart from this, there have been widespread irregularities, corruption and fraud in the examination.
Due to these reasons, they demanded to cancel the examination of 18 districts of the first phase 3 division and retake the examination.
Prior to this, the aspirants applied to the Director General (DG) of the Directorate of Primary Education to cancel the examination of 18 districts of Primary Teacher Recruitment Test-2023 first phase and retake the examination and suspend all activities of Primary Teacher Recruitment Test-2023 (1st Phase).
Before that, the examinees applied to the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) to take steps to postpone the examination for the recruitment of assistant teachers due to the strike-blockade on December 6, 2023.